$ 23.00 – $ 9,900.00
Ever eat granny smith apples? Studies conducted on their skins suggest farnesene produces the smell of green apples with additional floral and woody notes. It corrodes quickly, however, as it only exists on the outermost layers of the rind. You can add this terpene to cosmetics, personal care products, fragrances and as flavoring for food. It may also be responsible for the worst Jolly Rancher flavor known to mankind.
Most information on this terpene comes from scientific research conducted on the terpene composition of granny smith apple skins. This work confirmed both the existence and the possibility of extracting Farnesene from such fruit rinds. This terpene strongly exhibits the smell of green apples with floral, woody notes, but it corrodes quickly, as it exists only on the outermost layers of produce. This terpene is used in cosmetics, personal care products, flavoring for food, and in fragrances.
5 GRAMS, 50 GRAMS, 100 GRAMS, 500 GRAMS, 1 KILO-GRAM, 3 KILO-GRAMS
- Name- Farnesene, Natural
- Other Names-
- Sources- Apples,
- Organoleptics (taste & smell)- Floral, woody, citrus, herbal
- Therapeutic Uses –
- Organic –Yes
- Solvent Free- Yes
- Kosher- Yes
- Halal- Yes
- Food Grade- Yes
- Fillers- None
- Purified Farnesene
- CAS 80-56-8
- FEMA 2902
- Formula C10H16
- Molecular Mass 136.24g/mol
- Boiling Point 155 °C (311 °F)
- LD50 >3700mg/kg (Compare to Nicotine in humans – 0.5-1 mg/kg)
- Structure – X
Instructions for Raw Isolate Usage:
Strain profiles can be replicated using a combination of terpenes, this is a revolutionary process for the cannabis industry. The strain profiles can be used to mix with cannabis distillate products, or other extracts to provide additional flavor & effects.
- Always wear protection – terpenes are still a powerful solvent, always take a precaution by using safety glasses & rubber gloves to avoid any accidents.
- Operate in a ventilated area – the aroma from the terpenes can be overpowering, operate in a ventilated area so it doesn’t get too overwhelming.
- Use precise measurements – equipment is a vital part in getting precise measurements, but it also takes a bit of skill, make sure your measurements are exact when replicating strain profiles.
- Utilize Accurate Lab Analysis Reports (Terpene Report) which can be found online.